Dinner with Mr. Lewis

Picture this, a college freshman breaking bread at dinner with the CFO of a forty-billion-dollar company.

In the Opportunity Fund Project, it happens. I did exactly that, along with three of my peers. 

Michael Van Sambeck, Lily Dworak, Sabrina Behboudi, Briana Dastoli, and I met Greg Lewis at Fenton River Grille for dinner and an in-depth conversation about professional and personal life in the financial sector. 

Throughout the dinner, Mr. Lewis’s transparent and candid nature was refreshing. While diving deeper into his career path, Mr. Lewis also spoke about some of the personal and family struggles that come with a high-level position. 

Mr. Lewis was honest about the difficult decisions he has had to make in his career, including times when he jumped into a role headfirst and times where he decided it was better to back away. He stressed the importance of being there for his family and protecting his own mental health. It is not every day that people discuss mental health in business settings, but it is such an important conversation that Mr. Lewis did not back away from. 

My peers and I left the dinner feeling invigorated, inspired, and honored to spend time with Mr. Lewis. On the car ride home, we could not stop talking about the amazing privilege we had all shared and the long-lasting impression that it will have on us.

Written by Freshman Analyst Evelyn Pazan